1. Preggo Pop Drops : My first trimester felt like I was car sick 24/7 and these pop drops pretty much save my life! They taste like candy and I brought them everywhere I went. The new and improved LIFE SAVORS for the pregnant hehe!
2. Kind Organics Prenatal Vitamins: I can not say enough good things about this prenatal vitamin! I had originally been taking a different prenatal, but when I got pregnant and was nauseous, my friend recommended switching to this one! Why you may ask? Well even though you have to take three pills instead of one, I have found that this actually helped me with morning sickness! It contains a stomach soothing blend of organic ginger and organic peppermint to help those feeling of nausea. I also noticed that instead of peeing bright yellow (which I swear means that you are not absorbing all the nutrients you should be), I peed a normal yellow! Yippy Pee and nutrient absorption!). Also, just to note, when I did my research on prenatal vitamins, this popped up all the time in the top 5 recommended best prenatal multivitamins!
3. Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA Fish Oil: No yucky aftertaste, amazing reviews, and the fish is Nordic…I mean come on that has to mean it’s good! I was also nervous to take a fish oil that was not specifically prenatal so this makes me feel certain that it’s safe.
4. Decaf People’s Green Tea: Green tea has so many positive benefits that I really try to drink it every day. Not to mention that it is anti-inflammatory! I want to make sure to keep the caffeine down as much as possible and this has been a “go to” nighttime tea for a while now for me!
5. Choice Organic Teas Peppermint, Chamomile: I am HUGE tea drinker and find it calming, filling, and warming to the soul. These happen to be delicious and definitely helped out with those nauseous feelings.
6. Nubian Heritage Mango Butter: This stuff smells soooo delightful, it puts me in a good mood every time I put it on! I have super dry skin so this is my all over body moisturizer. It does take a little bit to set in, so I put it on after a shower and wear my robe for a few minutes to let it sink in so it doesn’t get all over my clothes. This has also been a huge lifesaver when it comes to that itchiness you get from your growing belly & boobs hehe. Now it can be a pain to squeeze this lotion out of the bottle. A lot of times I have to keep it upside down, and take the top off to squeeze it out. I wish it was in a different kind of bottle but it’s just so good that it’s worth it!
7. Shea Yeleen Unscented Body Butter: I wanted something with shea butter in it that was simple with not a crazy amount of other ingredients. This has been so healing in the winter months and especially helps out with that growing belly & boob itching you may be experiencing! It takes a little time to dry like the mango butter above, but i’ll either put it on after a shower and let it dry while I’m in a robe, or i’ll just put a small amount on where need be.
Well, hope this helps you other fellow First Trimester Goers! Best wishes xoxoxo