Cornbread muffins are one of my absolute favorite kinds of muffins! I love to eat these plain or add some jelly in the middle but I also love to pair them with my Spicy Vegetarian Chili recipe which just adds a touch of delight to my tastebuds! Enjoy this fluff yellow specks of joy!!!!
1 cup gluten-free yellow cornmeal
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour mix (I use brown rice flour mix)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp of baking powder
1 t salt
1 cup almond milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup diary-free butter substitute (I used Earth Balance spread)
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
2. Spray a muffin pan with non stick oil (I use non stick coconut oil)
3. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients: melted Earth Balance Butter (you may have to heat this butter in the microwave to melt it), almond milk (you may have to mix the butter and almond milk together and heat them in the microwave to make sure the butter does not clump up), then add the two eggs and honey and whisk well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir stir stir! Pour into the muffin pan or individual muffin liners if you do not have a muffin pan.
6. Cook for 15 minutes.
*My muffin pan makes 12 medium to large muffins.