This is by far one of the best tofu dishes I have ever had!!! It has the perfect amount of spice and flavor to satisfy your belly, and I love how the cabbage-veggie stir fry creates a mix of vibrant colors! Also, fast fact, WebMD says that cabbage helps with stomach pain, morning sickness (calling all you pregnant ladies), and it’s also used to prevent weak bones and cancer! It’s one of the lowest calorie veggies and is packed with antioxidants and vitamins A and K!!!! Also, this dish is HUSBAND APPROVED!
1 block extra firm tofu
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons hot sauce
1 Tablespoon low sodium tamari sauce (or low sodium soy sauce)
2 large garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon white cooking wine
a dash of salt and pepper
Cabbage Veggie Stir Fry
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups green cabbage chopped
2 cups red cabbage chopped
2 small/medium sized carrots sliced
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 heaping teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon low sodium tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
*Heaping means: a little more than what’s listed*
toasted sesame seeds
*Make sure to preheat oven to 350 degrees f
1. Open the tofu package and using paper towels and your hands gently press on the tofu and let excess water out. Do this until most of the water is gone. Slice the tofu into small rectangular shapes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, hot sauce, tamari (or soy sauce), minced garlic, sesame oil, white cooking wine, and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix until blended.
3. Dip each piece of tofu into the liquid mixture to coat each side. Then set the tofu aside in a separate bowl, adding any remaining mixture, and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (I use nonstick olive oil spray), then spread the tofu out evenly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes (cooking time depends on how thin or thick the pieces are. If they are cut thicker I would leave them longer in the oven and vice versa!)
6. Flip ’em over and cook the other side for 15-20 mins.
7. Place on top of the veggie mixture and sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds!
Cabbage Veggie Stir Fry Directions….
1. Place all of the chopped veggies in a large bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, rice vinagr, and tamari sauce (or soy sauce) in a small bowl.
3. Add the small sauce mixture to the large veggie bowl and stir until the veggies are coated evenly.
4. Use a deep frying pan or stir fry pan and stir fry the veggie mixture on medium to medium/high heat until the carrots are semi-soft around 15/20 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve alone with the tofu or over rice or noodles!
Recipe adapted from Divine Healthy Food (all vegan) . A must check out with delicious recipes!!!!!!