The temperature outside is in the mid 20s and oh so snowy! Of course I did not want to leave the house, but I did want to get in some cardio and tone up the bod! How to conduct a Snow Day Living Room Workout one might ask? Well, I pretended my stairs were the stair master machine at the gym, did some Plie Jacks, and put on a Tone it Up workout video!
My best friend introduced me to, Tone it Up, and I became obsessed right away! It was started by two inspirational gals named Katrina and Karena, who promote living a healthy and fit lifestyle. They have fitness plans, workout videos, nutrition plans, recipes and much more! They even have their own show right now on Bravo right now! I love how they incorporate multiple movements and muscle groups into one exercise, helping you tone up your body in no time! Learn more about them here.
* Stairs (if you don’t have stairs, use a jump rope, or be ready for some jumping jacks!)
* 5 and 8 pound weights (You could probably just use 5 or 8 pounds if you don’t have both)
* Computer or iPhone for video or print out the Print out the PDF file at the bottom of the page.
1. Run up and down the stairs 10 times (counting going all the way down and all the way up as one set. I have 16 steps counting the top step). If you don’t have stairs, no need to worry, grab a jump rope or just yourself for some jumping jacks!!! Try to jump rope or do jumping jacks for 3-5 min.
2. Do 30 Plie Jumping Jacks:
*Have your feet in a wide stance
*Lower your body and make sure your knees are directly over your ankles
*Jump up like you are doing a jumping jack and come down into the starting position
3. Grab some 5 and 8 pound weights.
4. Put on, Love Your Arms and Abs Tone it Up workout video from YouTube and tone that bod!
Printable Tone it Up directions: Love+Your+Body+Week+2+Abs+Arms+Printable