These delightful melt-in-your mouth muffins come healthier than most! With honey used instead of sugar and no butter, I just could not resist. I had two for breakfast right after I made them, and they filled me right up. The chocolate was still warm and with each bite it melted into the rest of the muffin as I devoured those delectable breakfast treats. The yogurt and apple sauce keeps the muffins moist, and adds the perfect amount of “I don’t taste low-fat but I am” amount!! These are for sure a must try!!
1 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup honey
2 Tbs nonfat greek yogurt
2 Tbs cinnamon apple sauce
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free flour (I used brown rice flour)
3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill whole grain oat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Note: You can make your own oat flour by putting regular gluten-free oats in a blender or food processor and blending until it becomes fine!
Find the directions and more pictures by clicking below!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray (I use coconut oil cooking spray)
2. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl (the first 6 ingredients on the list!)
3. In a separate bowl whisk all the dry ingredients together (except for the chocolate chips, save these for later hehe)
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until blended. But don’t over mix!
5. Pour batter into muffin pan. Now the fun part; sprinkle the top of each batter cup with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from www. recipegirl.com
I need to to thank you for this excellent read!!
I absolutely loved every little bit of it. I’ve got you book-marked to check out
new things you post…
Thanks so much! SO glad you loved the muffins:)