This chicken dish it the ULTIMATE, MOST AMAZING chicken you will ever eat in your life!!!!! I made this pretty much every day for a week straight and then I shared the recipe with all of my friends. It is also a great dish if you are hosting a dinner party or having a friend or two over for dinner! I have also chopped up the chicken and put it on top of salad for a delicious chicken salad lunch recipe.
The dijon mustard keeps the chicken moist and adds delectable flavor, while the pecans and bread crumbs create a crispy crunch. Sometimes I feel like I am eating a healthier version of chicken fingers! I paired this with my Wild Rice Pilaf With Dried Cranberries and Pecans which I will be posting next!
* 1 cup pecans, toasted
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs (make your own or purchase already made. I used gluten-free crumbs)
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or one pack (if the chicken breasts are large, I like to cut them in half to create a cutlet)
* 1/4 cup honey mustard
* 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a food processor, make the pecans into fine crumbs!
3. In a wide, large bowl, stir in the bread crumbs, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Next, rub each chicken breast with the honey mustard. Really thickly coat the chicken with the mustard, don’t hold back.
5. Coat the chicken with the pecan mixture (again no holding back, the more the merrier!)
6. Finally, place the chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes!!!!!!
Recipe adapted from: rachaelraymag.com